Date(s) - 04/17/2021
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Volunteer LOSS Team Training for New Volunteers throughout Ohio
This virtual, interactive training is for people interested in volunteering as a LOSS Team member in their county. It is recommended that suicide loss survivors be at least 2 years out from their loss, but exceptions can be considered. See your county’s LOSS Team Coordinator for information.
What you’ll learn:
- WHY Postvention and 1st Responder LOSS Teams are important
- HOW call activation through scene support will flow and WHAT protocols you will be expected to follow (will include break-out rooms by county)
- WHAT resources are provided to the newly bereaved (will include break-out rooms by county)
- HOW to apply Psychological First Aid when supporting the newly bereaved (role plays will be conducted in break-out rooms)
- WHY taking care of yourself is so important
*We will break for 5 minutes at 5 minutes before the hour, every hour. We will break for a 30 minute lunch at 11:30*
Registrations are closed for this event.