Date(s) - 01/22/2022
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
LOSS Community Services
Saturday, January 22 from 11:00-12:30 join LOSS for a Remembrance Bear Workshop!
A remembrance bear made from materials special to you such as: a shirt, pillow case, uniform, or another item, is a beautiful way to honor, cherish, and remember your loved one’s life. Using the materials you provide, each bear will be lovingly hand crafted by a suicide loss survivor and returned to the LOSS office for you to fill with stuffing on Saturday, January 22, 2020. The Remembrance Bear Workshop is limited to 20 suicide loss survivors!
- Turn in loved ones materials to LOSS by Friday January 7 at 3:00pm – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Provide materials to LOSS in a bag with YOUR first and last name and telephone number
- Two bears per person – Make one for yourself and one as a special holiday gift!
- Bears are approximately 10 inches tall
- A light breakfast including coffee and juice will be included
- This event is limited to 20 people – You must register by January 7
- Cost $30 per bear ($15 to cover cost and $15 will go towards Care Basket supplies for newly bereaved loss survivors)
Info about material:
- Clean and ironed
- No denim, leather or other heavy material
- Cotton and flannel materials work great but other options are possible, too
- If enough material is provided (adult sized shirt, blanket, pillow case, etc) entire bear will be made of your loved ones materials
- If smaller amount of material is provided one panel of bear will be made of your loved ones materials
- All bears will include black nose and eyes unless material provided is black then please state the color of eyes and nose you’d like (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Left over materials will be returned to each person
Completed bears will be stuffed – by you – on Saturday, January 22 at 9:30. If you are not available on that date other arrangements can be made by calling 614-530-8064
Registrations are closed for this event.