Date(s) - 03/16/2019
9:30 am - 11:30 am
LOSS Community Services
Categories No Categories
Saturday, March 16 from 9:30-11:30 join LOSS for a Remembrance Bear Workshop!
A remembrance bear made from materials special to you and your loved one such as: a shirt, pillow case, uniform, or another item, is a beautiful way to honor, cherish, and remember their life. Using the materials you provide, each bear will be lovingly hand crafted by a suicide loss survivor and returned to the LOSS office for you to fill with stuffing on Saturday, March 16. This special event is limited to 30 suicide loss survivors!
- Turn in loved ones materials to LOSS by Friday March 1 at 4:00pm – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Provide materials to LOSS in a bag with YOUR first and last name and telephone number
- One bear per person
- Bears are approximately 10 inches tall
- A light breakfast including coffee and juice will be included
- This event is limited to 30 people – You must register by March 1
- Cost $30 per bear ($15 to cover cost and $15 will go towards Care Basket supplies for newly bereaved loss survivors)
Info about material:
- Clean and ironed
- No denim, leather or other heavy material
- Cotton and flannel materials work great but other options are possible, too
- If enough material is provided (adult sized shirt, blanket, pillow case, etc) entire bear will be made of your loved ones materials
- If smaller amount of material is provided one panel of bear will be made of your loved ones materials
- All bears will include black nose and eyes unless material provided is black then please state the color of eyes and nose you’d like (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Left over materials will be returned to each person
Completed bears will be stuffed – by you – on Saturday March 16 at 9:30. If you are not available on that date other arrangements can be made by calling 614-530-8064
Registrations are closed for this event.