Date(s) - 03/23/2021
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
This virtual, interactive training is for communities in OHIO wanting to launch a LOSS Team.
The intended audience is LOSS Team Coordinators/Organizers/Decision-Makers.
*There will be a separate training offered for Volunteers interested in participating on a LOSS Team*
What you’ll learn:
- WHY Postvention and 1st Responder LOSS Teams are important
- WHO key community partners are and HOW to win support of community partners (will include break-out rooms by county)
- HOW call activation through scene work will flow and WHAT protocols and forms need to be developed (will include break-out rooms by county)
- WHAT resources to provide loss survivors and WHEN/HOW to follow up with survivors
- WHERE to find prospective volunteers, HOW to determine if they’re ready to volunteer, HOW to conduct a training (will include break-out rooms by county and an overview of Psychological First Aid)
- VOLUNTEER recognition, engagement, self-care
We will leverage resources created with the support of Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services: How to Launch a LOSS Team
*We will break for 5 minutes at 5 minutes before the hour, every hour. We will break for a 30 minute lunch at 11:30.*
This event is fully booked.